"The Gang Solves The Bathroom Problem" is the sixth episode of the thirteenth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
2:00 AM, on a Friday, Philadelphia, PA
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Dee Reynolds
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds
- The Gang Solves the Bathroom Problem is a "Bottle Episode", taking place entirely within Paddy's Pub.
- It is also one of the few episodes to feature no other characters beyond the gang.
- This is the first appearance of Paddy's women's restroom; it is shown to be much cleaner than the men's restroom. However, it was implied to be cleaner in earlier episodes (Charlie Work).
- This is the fifth episode where the word "fuck" is not censored in the original airing, after "Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer", "Hero or Hate Crime?", "The Gang Makes Paddy's Great Again", and "The Gang Gets New Wheels".
- Frank is incorrect about the Constitution saying "freed slaves are three-fifths of a person." It's actually the opposite: in the Three-Fifths Compromise, it was determined that three out of every five slaves in a state that allowed slavery would be counted when determining legislative representation. It was invalidated by the abolition of slavery with the 13th Amendment. However, he was also correct about his right to defend himself being in the Constitution; the only such claim made correctly in the episode.
|—||“I didn't know she was gonna smash in there! A woman is not a lady when she's dumping up a john.”|
|—||“I beg you to stop using the Constitution in the way that you're using it.”|
|—||“Dee... we were just talking, and you just barged right in, interrupting and talking nonsense.”|
|“Yeah, shut the fuck up. Shut the fuck up.”||—|
|Season 13 Episodes|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.